The organ was completed in April 1990. It stands on a new west gallery under the tower. The organ is based on those of Richard Bridge at Christ Church Spitalfields (1735) and St Leonard’s Shoreditch (1756) in London.
|Open Diapason||8’||Stop’d Diapason||8’||Bourdon||16’|
|Stop’d Diapason||8’||Principal||4’||Bass Flute||8’|
Swell to Great
Swell to Pedals
Great to Pedals
The Sesquialtera has a double draw, so that it can be used without the tierce rank
The Great Stop’d Diapason is wood to f#º and metal chimney flute above
The Swell Stop’d Diapason and Great Flute are stopped wood
The pedal stops are shared
|g¹||2 2/3||2||1³/5||1 1/3|
The manual compass is C – g³, pedal compass C – f¹.
The pitch is a¹=440Hz. The tuning is Young’s (1800)
The wind system consists of two 6ft x 3ft wedge bellows. The wind pressure is 63mm.
The Rector at the time the organ was built was the Revd Grant Brockhouse.
The recording is available from www.wyastone.co.uk Nimbus Alliance NI6255 ‘Time stands still’ Elizabethan and Jacobean songs and keyboard music with Simon Ponsford countenor and David Ponsford organ and virginals, using the organ at St John the Baptist Marldon.