The organ was made by Bevington & Sons, Soho, London, job no. 1367, in about 1870. Gustav Holst was organist here for a year, 1892-1893, as a teenager.
The organ is essentially unaltered except for minor work by Osmonds of Taunton. Tuning slides have been fitted to the metal pipes, the keys have been re-covered with plastic, and the tiny wind trunk from the under-floor bellows to the windchest has been augmented with two Kopex trunks.
In 2018 Edward Bennett and Nick Hagen restored the manual and pedal keyboards, and patched the bellows, which are placed under the floor (hence the trap door).
|Open Diapason (unenclosed)||8|